In this modern day and age, eBooks replaced regular books like how Netflix used DVDs. The eBook is more accessible to access, distribute, and store than printed books. Statista projected that the number of eBook readers will reach 1.12 million users by 2027. This is why eBook creation tools are in demand now. Check out this guide because we’ll help you choose the best eBook maker to produce the perfect eBook.
Blurb is an eBook creator and an eBook publisher too. Eileen Gittins founded the company in 2005. The team includes designers and developers who are passionate about telling life stories.
- Publishing and physical printing support
- Display books on Blurb’s bookstore
- Help with many books, including children’s books, cookbooks, etc.
- Professional quality eBook design editor
- Popular eBook formats support
A pdf format eBook costs $4.99, while a fixed eBook layout with iPad supports c $9.99.
Canva is an online design software that has become highly in demand for making design accessible to all, regardless of background or skills. It is famous for image editing and social banners. Aside from that, It’s also an excellent eBook creator that’s easy to set up and use.
- More than 1,000 templates for eBooks
- Easy-to-use editor
- Free plan available
- Easy to share and collaborate on projects
- Can add animations to eBooks
- With built-in marketing tools
Canva has an excellent free plan where you can access more than 250,000 templates on their website. You can also subscribe to their paid plan, only 11.99 Euros/month (about US$11.69).
Visme is cloud-based content creation software suitable for creating eBooks. The company started in 2013 and has grown to more than 4.5 million users worldwide.
- Easy customization settings
- Allows users to create interactive books
- Has premade eBook templates
- Various fonts and millions of stock photos to choose from
- Drag and drop editor
Visme offers a free plan that gives 100MB of storage with access to a few templates. If you want access to the complete feature package, opt for the Personal or Business plan, which will cost you $15 and $29, respectively.
- Support in 25 languages
- EPUB conversion support
- User analytics to track book performance
- Support for images, videos, audio
- Supports read-aloud for easy engagement
- Secure online book distribution
Kitaboo offers a free trial. If you want to access all their features, contact Kitaboo, and they’ll create customized quotes depending on your needs.
Flipbuilder is an eBook creator specializing in magazines, catalogs, and brochures. Its unique characteristic is the flipping page effect which makes eBooks more interactive. Plus, you can create a bookcase to show on your website.
- Support for converting PDFs into magazines, catalogs, and brochures
- Pre-made templates for flipbook formats
- Rich media support, including animations
- Mobile responsive designs
- Analytics support
- Publish in various forms, including HTML files, EXE, APP, APK, or WordPress plugins
Flipbuilder comes with three license options such as Flip PDF Plus ($129), Flip PDF Plus Pro ($399), and Flip PDF Plus Corporate ($1299).
Marq (formerly Lucidpress) is a content creation website that allows you to produce eBooks. Established in 2013, Marq has an innovative user interface that is easier to use than other software.
- Supports multiple types of printed materials
- It has a Drag and drop editor.
- Grants access to brand asset hub to store all your assets
- Customizable templates
Marq has a free plan that allows you to create three documents per month. You can start with a free trial if you want to test the software.
7. Google Docs
Google Docs is another example of an eBook maker. Its functions are like Microsoft Word. With Google Docs, you can save all your work on the cloud with Google Drive. You need an active Google account to get started, if you haven’t done yet.
- Unlike Microsoft Word, this word processor supports .pdf and .epub formats
- Cloud-based system.
Beacon is an outstanding eBook creation software that allows you to to design lead magnets for your WordPress website. In addition, you automatically translate your articles into a lead magnet format of your choice. Beacon is a free-to-use WordPress plugin.
- Templates are customizable
- You can also create and reuse your templates.
- Support for multiple lead magnet formats
- Pdf download
Draft2Digital is an eBook creator software that helps with layout, publishing, and distribution. The catch is that Draft2Digital doesn’t charge for formatting or updating an eBook but they take a 10% cut of sales.
- Automated eBook templates
- Has designated homepages of author
- Helps distribute books to all major online retailers
- Manage and track eBooks with reports
Draft2Digital pays you monthly with the following payment threshold:
- At least $25 for checks
- At least $20 for Payoneer
- A minimum of $10 for international direct deposit
- $0 for all other digital payments.
10. Adobe InDesign
Adobe InDesign is a professional eBook creator software. The only downside is that using the software has a bigger learning curve. It is part of Adobe’s creative suite, which gives you complete control over each aspect of your eBook:
- Create stunning eBooks with complete formatting control
- Work with a team for collaboration
- Use thousands of Adobe fonts
- Create storyboards
- Publish online with AdobeInDesign
- Great for making interactive eBooks
Get a subscription for the Adobe Indesign app for $20.99 per month. You can also use it as part of the Creative Cloud package amounting to $52.99/month.
Work with Penji for your eBook Illustrations
If you’re reading up to this line, you’ve understood our brief introduction for each eBook maker to help you develop a profitable eBook publishing gig. Pick the best that suits your needs. And if you want assistance with eBook design, our talented designers at Penji can assist you in creating fantastic eBook illustrations.
Check out this demo page to learn more about Penji’s unlimited graphic design service. Ready to sign-up? Just visit this link and fill out the sign-up form. You can also try our services, risk-free for 30 days!