Past Dan would be proud of present Dan with all that he has accomplished, especially at Penji! He rose to the occasion when asked to lead a team of designers, and we couldn’t be happier. Want to learn more about Dan? Read on!
1. What is your favorite dinner food?
My favorite dinner food, especially at this time where I mostly stay at home, is fried fish/pork with vegetable soup on the side. Nothing beats good home-cooked food!
2. What is one talent that you wish you had?
I wish I could play an instrument well! 😭
3. What would the world be like if you were in charge?
I think it’s going to be a peaceful world where negativity could not grow and foster, and children would have a smile on their faces. 😉
4. What was your favorite subject in school and why?
I really liked my Political Science subject back in college. It was through that subject that I started paying close attention to our country’s political climate – to the point where I considered becoming a lawyer. Lol!
5. What is the best question to ask to get to know someone and when was the last time you asked it?
No specific question in mind, but just anything that has to do with music. It’s nice to meet someone with a similar music taste as you do. I love how it can bring out the fun and personality in people, and come up with first impressions based on that.
When was the last time I asked it? Funny thing was I didn’t, someone did, last 2019.
6. Tell me about a time you felt proud of yourself.
One that stands out in my recent memory was the opportunity to lead the design team. At first, I thought that it was just luck and I wasn’t diligent enough to be given that big of a responsibility. But after much thought, I realized that I did put effort and pushed myself to my limits, even when there are moments when the odds weren’t in my favor. I’m proud that I persevered and got through tough times.
It sucks to have impostor syndrome, lol!
7. If you could send a letter with a guaranteed response, who would you write to?
I’d like to send a letter to my past self. I’m very curious what he thinks of “future Dan,” and if he has predicted the person I’ve become now.
8. If you had to choose one Penji team member to escape an island of evil chimpanzees, who would it be and why?
I’d pick Khai! I think he’s strategic, strong-willed, and has a great sense of responsibility. I think he can help me a lot, and if he doesn’t, then… I think that would be the worst decision I ever made in my life! 😂
9. What is something you love about your friend group?
I think it has to do with our friendship being low-maintenance. We might not talk and see each other often, but we can easily pick up where we left off. I also love how we are open to honest and serious conversations. 🙂
10. What is your favorite compliment that someone has given you?
Someone told me I have nice skin! Not sure if that was a backhanded compliment, but I’d still take it. 🤣
11. What is the top trait you look for in a friend?
Someone who can light up my world like nobody else? (Lol, what?!) But kidding aside, I just like a good listener. I feel like good listeners are so underrated!
12. What do you look forward to after work each day?
I look forward to my downtime which means listening to music, catching up on some vlogs/videos I may have missed, and if I have the energy, watching some K-drama.
13. If you had to choose one song to sing out loud, what song would it be?
Dynasty by Rina Sawayama! Singing it out loud would make me feel like I’m the protagonist in a movie! #StreamSAWAYAMA