Our long-time designer Jave loves Jollibee. So much that his dream job as a child was to become a Jollibee manager! Will he achieve this dream one day? Maybe. Guess we’ll see. Read on for more fun facts about Jave!
1. Who is your favorite family member and why?
I think my mother, I don’t look at her eyes because my heart always melts.
2. What are 3 things you think are totally worth the money every time?
A decent home, a best seller book, and the best SLR camera
3. What is a topic you can talk endlessly about?
Mysticism, Conspiracy Theory, Ethereal things? Astrology (recently)? lol
4. What is your first bucket list item?
Old SLR camera
5. What is a common misconception about your job?
Just a painter job I think, lol
6. Tell me about a talent you have besides graphic design.
I don’t have a particular talent, anything creative is I think my talent, I also think I’m a generalist, they say Einstein is also a generalist.
7. What are your top 3 apocalypse items and why?
Camera, phone and cheap bottle of wine. I have to document the ‘apocalypse’ and also I must capture the best angles, the best angle of the wine and ‘apocalypse’ in the background, just in case we run out of stock images. I’m hoping shutterstock will approve. Lol
8. What was your dream job as a kid and how did you achieve it OR why did you pivot?
My dream job when I was a kid was to be a manager at Jollibee. I haven’t achieved it yet, but then I realized, it’s chickenjoy poster ads needed improvement back then.
9. What advice would you give your teenage self?
Life is short, but don’t rush. Just smile, and seize the day.
10. What is your first happiest memory?
When we’re on a vacation with family and cousins, roller blading on a cold summer.
11. What is something that everyone hates but you actually love?
Everybody hates UX/UI, maybe because there’s an eX? Lol. But hey, it’s an eXperience to love. 🙂
12. If you could only eat at one restaurant for the rest of your life, what would it be?
My kid’s heart has always been hungry for Jollibee, I hope the other branches will soon serve vegetarian chickenjoy. 🙂
13. Who would be your dream client and why?
My dream client, I think, is someone who can always appreciate your work. I hope Pharell Williams can. So he can give feedback with the song lyrics of Happy. A happy client indeed. 🙂
14. If you were stranded on an island with one other Penji member, who would it be?
I think you, Jie, because being on Penji for 3 years, this is the first chat we had, so we need to catch up I think. lol 🙂
15. What is the best gift you have ever received?
Johnson’s and johnsons baby powder from my younger sister, the smaller one. She’s the sweetest lol (Because that’s the only thing she can only afford back when we’re in high school). LOLOLOL